Re: Unable to send/receive mail

Deleting an account in Windows Mail will not cause you to lose any
contacts or messages.

In Windows Live Mail if you delete a POP account you will lose all the
associated messages.

You do not need a Hotmail account or 'Live ID' in order to use Windows Live
Mail. If you do use the optional 'Live ID with it, you will gain additional
benefits, such as an automatic backup copy of all your contacts on the web.
Windows Live Mail will do pretty much anything Windows Mail can do,
and more. So yes, you can use your Verizon mail account with it.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Bonnie Hanson 929" wrote in message news:5ACB0892-4A34-43A7-9F89-B981866B09F2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If I do as you suggest and delete my windowsmail account and set it up again
- will I loose everythng? i.e. contact list, ec.

I tried to download windows live and it looks like I have to use a hotmail
account - While I do have a hotmail address I want to continue to use my
verizon email address is that possible?

"Bonnie Hanson 929" wrote:

Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3,
Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL):
No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
This is the error message I am receiving.
I am using Norton anti-virus and I have disabled it - I get the same error
message.

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

We're getting a little closer to success each time. :-)

When you get that prompt for username/password, click Stop or Cancel.
That should produce a detailed error message.
Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.

Also, make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.
Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
Windows Mail over time.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Bonnie Hanson 929" wrote in message news:E953CBAB-2FC3-4ADD-A846-395AB516103A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have done what you suggest and now is says "authorizing" but does not
authorize. Instead is asks for name & password but does not accept it. The
box just keeps popping up.

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

Well, you are getting farther than before. It least the server is talking back
to your Windows Mail now.

"Invalid command" means you are trying to use an option the server does
not support.

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Bonnie Hanson 929" wrote in message news:9C425D2D-7645-4353-BFB7-1902E0C84993@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I did what you suggested (I have done it before) and it does not work. Here
is the error message received. Please help!

Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3,
Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

That's not the same problem.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced,
change port 995 to port 110. That should automatically uncheck
the SSL option. Try receiving.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Bonnie Hanson 929" wrote in message news:75872BA3-B575-4590-9596-225F12794F73@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have had the same problem for three days and I have tried everything!
Please help me.

Errror message reads:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Windows Mail', Server:
'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket
Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

Ianescario.com is not your ISP. As such, your home ISP will block
your use of any port 25 SMTP server other than their own.
For an explanation of this anti-spamming policy, see
http://www.postcastserver.com/help/Port_25_Blocking.aspx

The available workarounds for your issue are as follows:

1. Use webmail for sending (via your browser).
2. Ask the host for Ianescario.com if they have a port other than '25' for SMTP.
3. You can substitute the SMTP server belonging to your ISP. This is a bit
tricky, but if you want to go that route, I can provide more details.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"escariomusic" wrote in message news:312DABE2-296E-4B3B-A1B3-AD73F312EF2C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have been unable to send and receive email from Windows Mail for the last
3 weeks and this is affecting my business. The following error message seems
to be common among other posters here as well:
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: follow up query from
Ian Escario - ', Account: 'mail.ianescario.com', Server:
'mail.ianescario.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Other mails in yahoo/hotmail are working normally and internet browsing is
normal. Please advise.
Thank you.
Ian Escario
premier_30@xxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Unable to send/receive mail
    ... until you delete the account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account. ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cannot send mail from Windows mail
    ... When a username/password combination doesn't work in Windows Mail, ... I mean I dont use it but as outgoing address for my ISP account. ... youir username and password are correct for your mail server". ... Ask your home ISP if they support SMTP on a port other than 25. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot Send Email - Error
    ... My password was working fine using webmail, using my iPhone and from my ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... However, after the McAfee removal, deleting the email account, closing ... Windows Mail, then setting up the account once again - I still get the exact ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant use Windows Mail - whats going on?
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... I then opened my Windows Mail as usual and tons and tons of e-mails came ... Are you able to try a different yahoo.co.uk account to see if it gives the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Sending Error
    ... There is no server named smtp.dnvr.qwest.net. ... access your account from different locations by dialing into local phone ... after install it cannot pull address book so it wont send. ... Can someone tell me which pop email accounts work with windows mail so i ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)