Re: Not possible to send messages with Windows Mail.

As I responded in your other thread, I rather doubt that anyone here
told you to use port 465 for the server mailout.comhem.se.
Each mail provider (server) has its own specifications as to what
settings to use.

Make sure you have send authentication enabled.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.

If no improvement, is Comhem.se your ISP, and was your Internet
connection being obtained from them when you got that error message?

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"KaGu:-}" wrote in message news:25528F25-CC25-42DC-8C2A-624AE2EA7030@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tried to follow the advice from Bruce Hagen to change the SMTP port number to
465 instead of the default value 25.

It did not work. I still get the same error message:

" Ämne 'test', Konto: 'mailin.comhem.se', Server: 'mailout.comhem.se',
Protokoll: SMTP, Serversvar: '550 Local sender address requires
authentication', Port: 25, Secure (SSL): Nej, Serverfel: 550, Felnummer:
0x800CCC79"

I have three different mailboxes. Window Mail is capable to retrieve the
messages from my mailboxes bur when I try to send a message with Windows Mail
there is a request of authentication, which is not necessary according to the
IP Comhem.se.

This leaves me to suspect a program error in Windows Mail or that there is
something in my computer that is causing this problem.

I am using NORMAN as virus protection and I do have the Windows Firewall
active. There is no such function in the version of Norman that I am using.

.