Re: windows mail

"Steve Cochran" wrote:

You can try searching for *.eml and then look for a directory in the
message store under Local Folders and see if you can find one by the name
you gave the folder and then see if the eml files are under that
directory. See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx for background info.

steve

"sandi" <sandi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
have somehow lost local folder which i created in my name to keep
important
emails. I have checked
other folders in case i dragged it into other folders by mistake but no.
anyone know how i can get this back. Lots of important info is lost.

  • Re: Lost all My OE messages after windows update
    ... where the email accounts setup? ... "Steve Cochran" wrote in message ... I would do an Advanced Search for *.dbx and include hidden files and folders under the Advanced search parameters. ... I just have the default and empty dbx files - all my many folders etc. have ...
  • Re: Unable to Export Messages from Windows Mail
    ... wonder why it can't just work as an Export/Import as with ... "Steve Cochran" wrote: ... hidden files and folders as well as protected and OS files and then you can ... Run Disk Cleanup or delete some files then ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: outlook express
    ... Empty Deleted Items folder daily. ... Disable Background Compacting and frequently perform a manual compact of all OE folders while "working offline". ... "Steve Cochran" wrote: ...
  • Re: A bunch of e-mails disappeared!