Re: cannot send e-mail too

Thanks Gary!
I am a long way from home. Then If i want to use windows mail to send
e-mail, I must change the SMTP server for comcast ?

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

That IP address 174.58.192.51 belongs to Comcast. Why aren't you
connecting to the Internet through Cogeco? As you found out,
Cogeco doesn't want 'foreign' users connecting to their SMTP server.

Are you away from home temporarily? If so, use webmail for sending.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Pi-Oui" wrote in message news:2BD75BEA-E1E2-4310-BEB2-D49AF4C00B61@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

this is my error message

Une erreur inconnue s'est produite. Objet 'Fw: RE:', Compte :
'pop.cgocable.ca', Serveur : 'SMTP.cgocable.ca', Protocole : SMTP, Réponse du
serveur : '554 Postmaster Code 1 - Your IP 174.58.192.51 is not authorized to
send mail through our server. To contact Cogeco Cable, please visit
http://postmaster.cogeco.net Votre adresse IP 174.58.192.51 n'est pas
autorisée à envoyer des courriels par notre serveur. Pour contacter Cogeco
Cable, veuillez visiter le site suivant : http://postmaster.cogeco.net', Port
: 25, Sécurisé (SSL) : Non, Erreur de serveur : 554, Numéro d'erreur :
0x800CCC6F

  • Re: cannot send e-mail too
    ... Comcast username and password. ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... Cogeco doesn't want 'foreign' users connecting to their SMTP server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cannot send e-mail too
    ... Cogeco doesn't want 'foreign' users connecting to their SMTP server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: error: cant read smtp server
    ... Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage) ... So I know my ISP alllows SMTP server to send mail on their network. ... I used to set my FrontPage Extension Mail Setting to the linux's SMTP, ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.extensions.windowsnt)
  • Re: Cannot send email but can receive
    ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... Enable your Gmail account for POP: ... Do not change the incoming server. ... your use of any port 25 SMTP server other than their own. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: sending email from Windows Mail
    ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... I get the following meassage:This is the AVG E-mail Scanner program. ... whether the sender's address responds to the used SMTP server domain ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)