Re: Cannot Send Email

You're welcome. Glad to hear the good news.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Stacey" <Stacey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:678CF716-52F6-493F-A400-50940C296B83@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks so much, Bruce! I followed the instructions below and it now works!

Have a great holiday weekend,
Stacey

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

The SMTP port should be 465, not 25. Check that all your settings agree
with these.

To set up Yahoo in Windows Mail, you need a Yahoo Plus account.
http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/enhancements/mailplus

Configure Windows Mail to connect to Yahoo Mail Plus
http://www.vista4beginners.com/Windows-Mail-Yahoo-Mail-Plus
--

> Hi,
>
> Getting the following error when trying to use Winmail with my yahoo
> acct
> info. I've tried checking/unchecking SSL and nothing seems to be
> working.
>
> Thanks,
> Stacey
>
> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
> 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com', > Protocol:
> SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number:
> 0x800CCC0E

  • Re: cannot send mail from outbox
    ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... What happens is that a window to verify my username and password for Yahoo ... Windows Mail in Vista. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cannot send mail from outbox
    ... That will allow me to verify that you have changed to the correct settings. ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... Yes, I have Yahoo! ... Windows Mail in Vista. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Help cant email pages
    ... If you only have a Yahoo account you will not be able to do this - you will need a Yahoo PLUS account. ... IE is trying to access Windows Mail. ... Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure: No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Yahoo
    ... Yahoo email difficulties if I downloaded Windows Mail? ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... give us a copy of the complete error message. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot Send Email
    ... Stacey ... To set up Yahoo in Windows Mail, you need a Yahoo Plus account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)