Re: Unable to send/receive mail

I have done what you suggest and now is says "authorizing" but does not
authorize. Instead is asks for name & password but does not accept it. The
box just keeps popping up.

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

Well, you are getting farther than before. It least the server is talking back
to your Windows Mail now.

"Invalid command" means you are trying to use an option the server does
not support.

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Bonnie Hanson 929" wrote in message news:9C425D2D-7645-4353-BFB7-1902E0C84993@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I did what you suggested (I have done it before) and it does not work. Here
is the error message received. Please help!

Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3,
Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

That's not the same problem.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced,
change port 995 to port 110. That should automatically uncheck
the SSL option. Try receiving.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Bonnie Hanson 929" wrote in message news:75872BA3-B575-4590-9596-225F12794F73@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have had the same problem for three days and I have tried everything!
Please help me.

Errror message reads:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'Windows Mail', Server:
'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket
Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

Ianescario.com is not your ISP. As such, your home ISP will block
your use of any port 25 SMTP server other than their own.
For an explanation of this anti-spamming policy, see
http://www.postcastserver.com/help/Port_25_Blocking.aspx

The available workarounds for your issue are as follows:

1. Use webmail for sending (via your browser).
2. Ask the host for Ianescario.com if they have a port other than '25' for SMTP.
3. You can substitute the SMTP server belonging to your ISP. This is a bit
tricky, but if you want to go that route, I can provide more details.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"escariomusic" wrote in message news:312DABE2-296E-4B3B-A1B3-AD73F312EF2C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have been unable to send and receive email from Windows Mail for the last
3 weeks and this is affecting my business. The following error message seems
to be common among other posters here as well:
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: follow up query from
Ian Escario - ', Account: 'mail.ianescario.com', Server:
'mail.ianescario.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Other mails in yahoo/hotmail are working normally and internet browsing is
normal. Please advise.
Thank you.
Ian Escario
premier_30@xxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: cannot send mail from Windows mail
    ... When a username/password combination doesn't work in Windows Mail, ... I mean I dont use it but as outgoing address for my ISP account. ... youir username and password are correct for your mail server". ... Ask your home ISP if they support SMTP on a port other than 25. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cannot send mail from Windows mail
    ... Enable your Gmail account for POP: ... Do not change the incoming server. ... Should O ask my ISP? ... Ask your home ISP if they support SMTP on a port other than 25. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Sometimes cant send emails from motels
    ... Primo Man ... Substitute the SMTP server belonging to your home ISP. ... Gmail uses port 465 for SMTP, ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Freecycle leads to Yahoo email woes
    ... to get a Yahoo Account ID plus Password plus email address. ... From memory it involved reasonably standard pop and smtp server names ... but SSL port numbers. ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Freecycle leads to Yahoo email woes
    ... From memory it involved reasonably standard pop and smtp server names ... 'Use SSL,port465,use authentication' for outgoing.' ... Connection" under the Incomingor Outgoing Port ... Try Changing the Port Number (on the Advanced Tab of the Account ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)