Can't get into email - demands password

I can't access windows mail - system keeps asking for user name and password but then won't accept whatever I type in. This is error message:

Account: 'mail.btinternet.com', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate argument(s) missing.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

Think problem may have started with last Windows security update?

  • Re: The server has rejected your login. Please verify that your userna
    ... messages telling me that "The server has rejected your login. ... start windows Mail, I can get new mail, send mail, delete mail... ... Here's my exact error message track: ... Windows Mail with my Gmail account today and I'm running into the same issue ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send emails HELP!!!
    ... > Secondly, if AVG is installed using the default install, its mail checking ... > restart Windows Mail and recreate the account. ... > error message, right-click on it, copy, then paste it into a reply here. ... have entered the server name correctly. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: This keeps popping up when I open Windows Mail....
    ... Then click on Digital IDs. ... If no improvement, delete that mail account, restart Windows Mail, ... now i get the error message, if i delete the acct and just use the1princess ... the server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Set up on Mail not working
    ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. ... Account: 'Windows Mail ', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: ... Secure: Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 ... right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: outlook express 6
    ... With the error message that you are getting it would not have worked ... Either of those can mess with your mail account settings. ... This one says that your account is Not correctly set up in in Outlook ... The server name would not be simply POP3. ...