Re: Cannot Send Email

The SMTP port should be 465, not 25. Check that all your settings agree with these.

To set up Yahoo in Windows Mail, you need a Yahoo Plus account.
http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/enhancements/mailplus

Configure Windows Mail to connect to Yahoo Mail Plus
http://www.vista4beginners.com/Windows-Mail-Yahoo-Mail-Plus
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Stacey" <Stacey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2AA6F7F1-14CE-4BBC-8803-6D19FD130D31@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Getting the following error when trying to use Winmail with my yahoo acct
info. I've tried checking/unchecking SSL and nothing seems to be working.

Thanks,
Stacey

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol:
SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

  • Re: Help cant email pages
    ... If you only have a Yahoo account you will not be able to do this - you will need a Yahoo PLUS account. ... IE is trying to access Windows Mail. ... Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure: No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant forward/send emails and log on keeps popping up
    ... Did you try Windows Mail while no antivirus was installed? ... Even disabling its email scanning is often not sufficient. ... Subject 'Fw: Anan Photos Etc', Account: 'Yahoo', Server: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: moving my in-box
    ... when i first signed into windows mail, it imported all of my inbox from my ... back into yahoo, to integrate with other mail and info in yahoo. ... By default, the mail client talks to the mail server, asks for any mail it doesn't have, and at the end of the transfer tells the mail server to delete the messages. ... Downloading all that mail can break mail clients, if the mailbox on the server is larger than the client supports, and corrupts the inbox. ...
  • Re: Cannot Send Email
    ... Stacey ... To set up Yahoo in Windows Mail, you need a Yahoo Plus account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cannot send mail from outbox
    ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... What happens is that a window to verify my username and password for Yahoo ... Windows Mail in Vista. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)