Re: Windows Vista mail cannot send mail via Comcast Server

"R Edwards" <R Edwards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:698803B0-D78C-4685-B6D2-C4D6256A3E18@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Starting this morning I am unable to send mail from Windows Vista email via
Comcast. I have tried changing the port from 25 to 587 and my server setting
is set to "requires authentication" as suggested in previous posts. That
last time this happened, Comcast changed the port on me. Is this the same
issue and 587 is no longer valid?

  • Re: Outlook Express not sending messages anymore....
    ... Comcast phone support gave me port 586 instead of 587 when they had me change ... names in your mail application, to use Comcast Mail, leaving the Server Port ... using the Comcast SMTP server setting with another acct, ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: Porting number into Comcast [Telecom]
    ... Comcast is stating that they can port over the 856-461 number since ... which the 856-461 number would be served from if I had Verizon. ... Ignore the detail that there are VoIP headers used in the transmission medium -- that is totally irrelevant. ...
    (comp.dcom.telecom)
  • Re: Email Issue with SBS2008
    ... but Comcast is stopping port 25 traffic hence my telnet open port ... Comcast could be the culprit? ... I did speak with their tech support (this is business class btw) and they ... Then restart the Transport services on the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Email Issue with SBS2008
    ... Just verify if this is even a Comcast issue. ... Laptop to Watchguard LAN port and cable modem to watchguard WAN port. ... firewall for allowing outbound 25 from the server. ... It's business class, therefore you have the right to send it directly. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Outlook Express not sending messages anymore....
    ... Thanks for all the help it was the port being changed to 587..How can Comcast ... 25 setting for the Outgoing Email Server ... perform to make sure your connection to the internet is still working. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)