Re: Unable to send/receive mail

Ianescario.com is not your ISP. As such, your home ISP will block
your use of any port 25 SMTP server other than their own.
For an explanation of this anti-spamming policy, see
http://www.postcastserver.com/help/Port_25_Blocking.aspx

The available workarounds for your issue are as follows:

1. Use webmail for sending (via your browser).
2. Ask the host for Ianescario.com if they have a port other than '25' for SMTP.
3. You can substitute the SMTP server belonging to your ISP. This is a bit
tricky, but if you want to go that route, I can provide more details.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"escariomusic" wrote in message news:312DABE2-296E-4B3B-A1B3-AD73F312EF2C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have been unable to send and receive email from Windows Mail for the last
3 weeks and this is affecting my business. The following error message seems
to be common among other posters here as well:
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Re: follow up query from
Ian Escario - ', Account: 'mail.ianescario.com', Server:
'mail.ianescario.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket
Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Other mails in yahoo/hotmail are working normally and internet browsing is
normal. Please advise.
Thank you.
Ian Escario
premier_30@xxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: 0x800CCC6F cant send mail but can receive!
    ... Unfortunately most ISP techs are not that well informed about ... 'Port 25 Blocking' ... substitute the SMTP server belonging to that connection. ... email account correctly - I`m currently on holiday in Greece from the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Wi-fi and SMTP
    ... send emails although I can receive them fine. ... the relevant SMTP server - is that correct? ... least one ISP that I use will not allow use of any ... the hotpsot is blocking port 25 (this is an anti-spam measure some ISPs ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Windows mail send/receive
    ... your mail provider or also your ISP. ... Ask tdcmail.se if they have a port other than '25' for SMTP. ... Substitute the SMTP server belonging to your ISP. ... I deleted the account and re-installed but no luck. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: OT?? : VDQ portability
    ... I can walk up to any unoccupied machine in town, ... The ISP may block access to any SMTP server other than its own. ... Your ISP may block access to its SMTP servers from a "foreign" ISP. ... The workaround is to find an email provider with authenticated SMTP, preferably on a port other than 25. ...
    (comp.mail.pine)
  • Re: Sending email problem
    ... Check to make sure you are not dropping packets to port 113. ... Im trying to contact my ISP and ask them about the SMTP ... >> with SMTP server itself and it does not accept connections at that time. ...
    (RedHat)