Re: Future

Gary VanderMolen (MVP) wrote:
"Rainald Taesler" wrote:

Microsoft has recommended the following replacement forum:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/vistanetworking/threads

Thanks for the reply, Gary!

IMHO this would be a rather crazy place. {siiigh}
How might John Doe make a guess to visit just this group/forum if he
does not find out how to activate his mail account??

Anyway, we can't help :-(
I'm really sad that MS does kill the NGs.
Thanks God that there at least is a way to access the forums with a
NewsReader *)

Thanks again
and kindest regards

Rainald
*) BTW: Do you know the "Community Forums NNTP brigde" created by the
MVP J. Kalmbach?
http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/
It's ways more versatile than the two beasts MS offers in "Connect"

*---
"Rainald Taesler" wrote in message

As MS is closing the NewsGroups in favour of the "Forums", I'm
wondering in which Forum the users of WinMail might meet
again in the future.

The process of killing the NGs is progressive. The majority of the
German groups does no longer exist and the rest is reduced day by day.
{siiigh}

I could not yet detect a forum which would fit for WinMail.
Does anybody know more than poor Me?

TIA
Rainald

  • Re: Future
    ... MVP J. Kalmbach? ... As MS is closing the NewsGroups in favour of the "Forums", ... I could not yet detect a forum which would fit for WinMail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: still here?
    ... I've already said this may be my last year as an MVP, depending on what metrics are used to assess our contributions. ... Suzanne S. Barnhill ... Microsoft MVP (Word) ... MS has hired contractors in India to man the forums. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: Sorry for the MVP indicator
    ... 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award ... > on these forums for years, and have learned a great deal from them. ... >>> Mike, ... >>> recognition from MS - now you bash them for that? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Outlook Express & attachments
    ... With your attitude, perhaps you would be happier somewhere else. ... These forums are a place to get help. ... I learned a long time ago, "There is no such thing as a stupid ... Jupiter Jones [MVP] ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: www.smallbizserver.net passes 1.000 registered members
    ... Microsoft has over the past year to 18 months re-defined what it means by ... activity/contributions in the community. ... The forums on her site are fairly new. ... > more MVP support here or there. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)