Re: Can't open email windows mail

The error message is correct. There is no host (server) named
pop3.suddenlink.net.
According to your provider, the server name should be pop.suddenlink.net.
See
http://help.suddenlink.com/Internet/Pages/EmailandNewsServerNames.aspx

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Jerry" wrote in message news:F91E8CB4-12AC-415D-9D03-D017F4A3CF5F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have gone through my internet provider and they tell me that my mail
problem is with microsoft not them. What do i need to do to fix the problem
and start getting my mail? This is the disclaimer that comes up when I try
to open my mail.

The host 'pop3.suddenlink.net' could not be found. Please verify that you
have entered the server name correctly.
Account: 'pop3.suddenlink.net', Server: 'pop3.suddenlink.net', Protocol:
POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
0x800CCC0D

Also, here is the second message I receive. " One or more messages in your
Outbox do not have a valid account specified. Would you like to use your
default account to send these messages? then you need to push yes or no.

Can anyone help me fix this so I can retrieve my mail
--
Jerry Johnson

  • RE: mail not sent outside to smart host
    ... Microsoft products, please post in the newsgroup for that product:. ... Open DNS console in Administrative Tools, right click your Server ... Exchange can not send mail to this smart host ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: No delivery report 4.4.7
    ... mail.rabarberlandet.dk is a mail server host on our ISP. ... Please let me know where the mail.rabarberlandet.dk host on. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: mail not sent outside to smart host
    ... Microsoft products, please post in the newsgroup for that product:. ... I like to change the configuration back, because the ISP changes the ... Open DNS console in Administrative Tools, right click your Server ... Exchange can not send mail to this smart host ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Comcast Email Problems
    ... Telnet to Port 25 to Test SMTP Communication ... Please run command "ipconfig /all" on the server ... Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. ... Comcast.com domain through an SMTP connector to a smart host. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Is this server, client or jet engine problem?
    ... > Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e4d' ... > I contacted my host and they said that it was because too many users ... Try switching to the native Jet OLEDB provider rather than the obsolete ODBC ... Please reply to the newsgroup. ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db)