Re: double email

I too am having the problem with double email. I am using McAffee and if I
turn off email scannng, I continually get a message that says I am not fully
protected. This double email just started.

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

Not sure which suggestion of mine you are referring to. However,
don't just assume that you have only one mail account. You must
verify that assumption by looking under Tools, Accounts.

Also, make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.
Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"Tog" <Tog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:045DFB21-446C-47F3-9778-753B57A4B902@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I also get two emails for every one that is sent to me. It started when I
called blackberry since I wasn't getting all of my email. THey had me change
something and it left the mail on the server long enough for blackberry to
pick it up. Then I started getting "twofers'. I tried Gary V's suggestion,
but I have only 1 acct which is a pop3. I am running vista and this is really
getting frustrating. If anyone has any other suggestions I would appreciate
it. I should say I am not very technological so you might need to break it
down...thanks.

Tog

  • Re: e-mails....
    ... and signing in to your mail account there? ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... it proves you have the correct username and password. ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows mail
    ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... go to my mail account, everything comes up as it did before the problem. ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send e-mail from laptop
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... did delete the Verizon account, and recreate it from scratch. ... Disabling Norton's email scanning is sometimes insufficient. ... That problem can be caused by interference from an antivirus program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot send email but can receive.
    ... Norton security products are among the top three troublemakers for ... Instead of uninstalling your antivirus, another option is to upgrade to ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... problems with Windows Mail over time. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • "Unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference from anantivirus
    ... Which antivirus are you running? ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... Do you get an error message when you try to send? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)