Re: WINDOWS MAIL WILL NOT RECIEVE OR SEND

At least part of your problem is that your Caps Lock key is stuck. That plays
havoc with entering passwords and also reduces legibility.

"IMAP" is not a valid mail server name. You get the correct mail
server names from your mail service provider.
Do you have an existing email address? If so, what is the part of
your email address after the @ symbol? That part represents your
mail service provider.
Your mail provider will typically have a web page that shows how to
set up an email program. If you need more help, tell us the name of
your email service provider. If you currently don't have an email
address, we can help with that also.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"LUCKY CHARMS" wrote in message news:EC8613AC-8C3E-4424-AEDC-6449600197F7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

IF I TRY TO USE WINDOWS MAIL, I RECIVE AN ERROR THAT TELLS ME MY HOST IMAP OR
COULD NOT BE LOCATED OR THAT MY MSOE.DLL IS CURRENTLY BEING USED BY ANOTHER
PROGRAM (WHICH, AS FAR AS I'M AWARE, ITS NOT). PLEASE HELP!

  • Re: not able to send emails or photos
    ... Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. ... You need to configure your email program to send outgoing messages to your Service Provider's outgoing mail server, so you'll need advice both from your Service Provider and from someone who knows your email program (Windows Mail). ...
  • Re: Cant find incoming/outcoming email servers
    ... Having an email program does not entitle you to an email ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... That domain name part represents your mail service provider. ... IMAP) server name or my Outgoing email server name. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant find incoming/outcoming email servers
    ... Having an email program does not entitle you to an email ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... That domain name part represents your mail service provider. ... IMAP) server name or my Outgoing email server name. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: windows mail
    ... Windows can have dozens of different email programs, ... so it depends on which email program you are talking about. ... mail service provider. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send mail
    ... "SMTP" is not a valid mail server name. ... You get the correct mail server ... names from your mail service provider. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)