RE: Windows mail won't send--plus forced to enter a user name/pass

Me too! what's going on? It won't accept any password I enter!-Sort it out
Windows Mail! I can get my messages on Yahoo Mail but it's messing up my
email records

"Ash.A" wrote:

I am having the exact same problem... can any body tell me why??????? its
getting very annoying on a very busy day.

"B Betz" wrote:

I seem to be having the same problem that many others are having. This is
the error that I now get when I enter what I believe to be the correct user
name and password

Account: 'pop3.frontiernet.net', Server: 'pop3.frontiernet.net', Protocol:
POP3, Server Response: '-ERR invalid command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

I've never had to enter this for our windows mail. It just started today
and because of this, I'm not receiving mail or able to send mail. It was
wording up until at least 7:30 last night.

  • Re: Cant send email from Windows Mail Live
    ... or I can help you to get Windows Mail working for you. ... I am fine using Yahoo mail with my IE browser...no problems there. ... The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's ... Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Keeps Asking for Gmail Username and Password
    ... Windows Mail, then recreate the account. ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Can not send a new message in OWA with Vista from reading pane
    ... I assume you have Yahoo Messenger installed and Yahoo Mail configured as your default Mail Client (instead of Windows Mail or OWA [which has nothing whatsoever to do with Windows Mail), ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: CANNOT SEND OR RECEIVE MAIL
    ... Barbaraemarshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx account. ... I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO USE WINDOWS MAIL FOR THE LAST TWO DAYS. ... I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE THAT SAYS I HAVE A SERVER ERROR NO. ... I HAVE DISABLED MY e-mail SCANNER IN ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Mail Set up in Vista
    ... Does anyone know the pop3 and smtp account names when setting up Windows ... You can't use Windows Mail for accessing/using your Yahoo mail unless ...