WHAT problem?

Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)
Windows 7 Ultimate
http://download.live.com/wlmail
"elijah.russell@xxxxxxx" wrote in message news:8E784810-BF33-46D5-82A2-50723C1EFBA4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

please fix the problem

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

You're very welcome. Thanks for reporting back.
Apparently the Verizon mail servers were having trouble yesterday.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"delamunn" wrote in message news:3B6B373B-05E4-41A2-AA95-30CAB074E1F6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks, my connection was obtained from Verizon and I was on my home computer
when I received the error message. Luckily, the problem has cleared itself
up this morning and I am able to send emails again. Thanks for the offer to
help.

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

> That server (outgoing.verizon.net) is working for me.
> When you got that error message, was your Internet connection being
> obtained from Verizon, or were you away from home? If the latter,
> you're running into a port 25 block. Let us know your circumstances,
> and we can suggest some workarounds.
>
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>

> "delamunn" wrote in message > news:25AEBD69-03F1-4A58-9A80-EEFF458502E4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Here's the error message:
>
> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
> 'incoming@xxxxxxxxxxx', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, > Port:
> 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
>

> .

  • Sql Server Connection Irritations (again)
    ... framework 1.x and even the same code that fails in framework 2.0, ... All our servers are Windows Server 2003 and all our SQL Server databases are ... A connection was successfully established with the server, ... The <SNIX error message> portion of our error message is: ...
  • Re: Problem removing Active Directory
    ... error message because the child domain seems to have left a "ghost" within ... Determine the domain controller that holds the Domain Naming Master ... to the specific server on which the changes will occur. ... You should receive confirmation that the connection is ...
  • Sql Server Connection Irritations (again)
    ... framework 1.x and even the same code that fails in framework 2.0, ... All our servers are Windows Server 2003 and all our SQL Server databases are ... A connection was successfully established with the server, ... The <SNIX error message> portion of our error message is: ...
  • A weird eMail prob - Any suggestions as to how to make it Fixted?
    ... of hers who has recently bought a PC & got an Internet Connection, ... So, now, what's the prob? ... Error Message, so we can then suss out where the prob is & what to do ... standard probs - an incorrect Server Name, ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Cant connect to SQL Server 2008
    ... The error occurs on opening a connection. ... I can connect to SQL Server 2008 using sqlcmd from the same machine which ... VS solution cannot connect to the SQL Server. ... Error Message: ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)