Re: I can't send emails

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

You're very welcome. Thanks for reporting back.
Apparently the Verizon mail servers were having trouble yesterday.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"delamunn" wrote in message news:3B6B373B-05E4-41A2-AA95-30CAB074E1F6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks, my connection was obtained from Verizon and I was on my home computer
when I received the error message. Luckily, the problem has cleared itself
up this morning and I am able to send emails again. Thanks for the offer to
help.

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

That server (outgoing.verizon.net) is working for me.
When you got that error message, was your Internet connection being
obtained from Verizon, or were you away from home? If the latter,
you're running into a port 25 block. Let us know your circumstances,
and we can suggest some workarounds.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"delamunn" wrote in message news:25AEBD69-03F1-4A58-9A80-EEFF458502E4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here's the error message:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
'incoming@xxxxxxxxxxx', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E