Re: I can't send emails

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

You're very welcome. Thanks for reporting back.
Apparently the Verizon mail servers were having trouble yesterday.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"delamunn" wrote in message news:3B6B373B-05E4-41A2-AA95-30CAB074E1F6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks, my connection was obtained from Verizon and I was on my home computer
when I received the error message. Luckily, the problem has cleared itself
up this morning and I am able to send emails again. Thanks for the offer to
help.

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

That server (outgoing.verizon.net) is working for me.
When you got that error message, was your Internet connection being
obtained from Verizon, or were you away from home? If the latter,
you're running into a port 25 block. Let us know your circumstances,
and we can suggest some workarounds.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"delamunn" wrote in message news:25AEBD69-03F1-4A58-9A80-EEFF458502E4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here's the error message:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account:
'incoming@xxxxxxxxxxx', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port:
25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

  • Re: Internet by cell phone - questions
    ... I just bought the Verizon Mobile Office Kit. ... national Access or Quick 2 Net. ... presumably signifying a data connection. ... Generally, I get no error messages, although once or twice I did see an error message, unfortunately I did not write down the error message. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: I cant send emails
    ... Apparently the Verizon mail servers were having trouble yesterday. ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... my connection was obtained from Verizon and I was on my home computer ... When you got that error message, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Internet by cell phone - questions
    ... national Access or Quick 2 Net. ... presumably signifying a data connection. ... My Verizon statement says that I have "National Enhanced Serv. ... Generally, I get no error messages, although once or twice I did see an error message, unfortunately I did not write down the error message. ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)
  • Re: Not Able to Send Mail
    ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... Try the server names and settings given here: ... If that results in a different error message, ... my connection is from Bellsouth/ATT. ...