Re: This is making me crazy...I can't send or receive email

And with that lack of information, we are supposed to help you how? Maybe with this?

To set up Yahoo in Windows Mail, you need a Yahoo Plus account.
http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/enhancements/mailplus

Configure Windows Mail to connect to Yahoo Mail Plus
http://www.vista4beginners.com/Windows-Mail-Yahoo-Mail-Plus
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

<mdxmice@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OWEXmpAALHA.1888@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: cannot send mail from outbox
    ... That will allow me to verify that you have changed to the correct settings. ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... Yes, I have Yahoo! ... Windows Mail in Vista. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Help cant email pages
    ... If you only have a Yahoo account you will not be able to do this - you will need a Yahoo PLUS account. ... IE is trying to access Windows Mail. ... Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure: No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant forward/send emails and log on keeps popping up
    ... Did you try Windows Mail while no antivirus was installed? ... Even disabling its email scanning is often not sufficient. ... Subject 'Fw: Anan Photos Etc', Account: 'Yahoo', Server: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: moving my in-box
    ... when i first signed into windows mail, it imported all of my inbox from my ... back into yahoo, to integrate with other mail and info in yahoo. ... By default, the mail client talks to the mail server, asks for any mail it doesn't have, and at the end of the transfer tells the mail server to delete the messages. ... Downloading all that mail can break mail clients, if the mailbox on the server is larger than the client supports, and corrupts the inbox. ...
  • Re: Yahoo
    ... Yahoo email difficulties if I downloaded Windows Mail? ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... give us a copy of the complete error message. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)