Re: Can't find an attachment I made changes to

That's a big no-no.
The file is probably located in a folder somewhere in
C:\Users\(youraccount)\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet
Files\

"\AppData" is normally hidden
"\Temporary Internet Files" is normally a hidden protected Operating System
file

You'll have to remove the checkmark (if they're hidden) in Windows Explorer:
Organize - Folder & Search Options - View

Good luck in finding it. Next time click on "Save As..." first.

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"tcka 1" <tcka 1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:C0D157D4-2A4C-4B1A-84A2-15072CB4823F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am using Windows Mail. I opened an attachment in Word. I worked on the
document for hours. I thought I was working from a saved version so I closed
the document before realising that I had not saved it. How do I retrieve the
one with the changes? I cannot bear to loose all that work as the deadline is
past. Heeellllllppp!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Re: Whats the story on Content.IE5?
    ... As with anything involving Temporary Internet Files, ... The "cookies" in the Temporary Internet Files Folder are just pointers to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Link icons not saved with URL
    ... W98 the Temporary internet files are in C:\WINDOWS\Temporary Internet Files. ... but it will be found only by using either the Windows Explorer Explorer pane ... *expand* the Temporary Internet Files folder in the Windows Explorer *Pane*. ...
  • RE: Browser lost its memory
    ... and on the Folder Options Click on View Tab. ... Remember each folder's view settings. ... History settings for keeping the history is set say for 30 days (you can make ... Temorary Internet Files ...
  • Re: Office 2007 - Vista - Cannot Save to network drive
    ... control of this folder and sub-folders in security settings. ... Microsoft Online Partner Support ... The Temporarily Internet Files location. ... |> File location in Internet Explorer. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)