Re: error message, can't receive emails!

Thanks for the reply. My settings are ok - just as you say. I spent two hours
with verizon tech support today. No luck. Advised me to bring it to someone
to have it fixed. My spyware is Norton, Could this be causing a problem? Now
my whole system is slow, and I can't even get into email from verizon's main
site. So frustrated, Thanks anyway.

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

Try this:
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced,
then change the incoming port from 995 to 110. That should automatically
uncheck the associated SSL option also. Restart Windows Mail, then try
receiving.

If no improvement, which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause
problems with Windows Mail over time.

"Rain" <Rain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:C05196C9-E0B9-452D-A643-BD10FC05F262@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I keep getting this error msg. And my email messages are not downloading. I
am unable to use my email.

"The connection to the server has failed.
Account:'incoming.verison.net',Server:'incoming.verizon.net',Protocol:
POP3,Port:995.Secure(SSL):Yes,Socket Error: 10060, ErroR Number: 0x800CCC0E"

PLEASE help me. This has been going on for 5 days and I can't figure it out.
Thanks.