Re: can't log in

mac,
I have had a couple of problems lately. The first time, I could not rec.
mail. You did help me with that issue. Now I am having problems logging in.

"mac" wrote:

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
McAfee antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail.
But before we explore that angle, let me ask you some questions about
the mail account. Is the account a free one with the email address ending
in @yahoo.com, or is it one that is partnered through your ISP, and the
address part after the @ symbol represents your ISP (AT&T)?

Has this account worked previously in Windows Mail?

---------------------------------

Gary the OP was here 5 days ago with the post that I add below, as you will
see it is AT&T, and she said it was working after making changes.

Sure looks like McAfee to me too.
--
Regards Steve.

"debintexas" <debintexas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

this worked. Thanks!

"mac" wrote:

"debintexas" <debintexas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I haven't been able to send since yesterday. Here is my errror message
The connection to the server has failed. Subject ' ', Account:
'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Port:
25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

now what?

Go to tools menu>accounts>select your att account>Properties>Advanced Tab
Make the following changes:

1. Change the SMTP port to 465 and check the option labeled Use an
encrypted
connection (SSL).

2. Change the POP3 port to 995 and check the option labeled Use an
encrypted
connection (SSL).

Then Apply>OK.

Remove any unsent mail from the Outbox and try to send another one.

Post any error message that you get.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.