can't receive some emails

Hi,
I am not receiving emails sent to me by other people. I have been through
recent posts including the one below from 25/5/10 and tried all these things
but it's still not working. I can send emails, and I can send myself emails
from my windows mail email address and other emails but I am not getting all
emails sent to me by other people. I have changed my email settings on
McAfee. Any other ideas? I have Windows 7.
Thanks
Kate

When you click on Send/Receive do you see progress information near the
lower right corner (status bar)? When concluded does it say "No new messages"?
Although there are settings that will inhibit downloading, they would also
prevent
those status bar notifications.

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties. On the General tab
make sure that "Include this account..." is checked.
Also try sending an email to yourself. Does it arrive?

Finally, instead of clicking on Send/Receive, try clicking the unmarked
button
just to the right of it, then from the dropdown list select your account, so
it will
only check that one account. Does that make a difference?

"Chris" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi Gary,

Yes, it should be "downloaded".

Yes, I've searched through all the mail folders. The emails were not
downloaded into Windows Mail at all.

Could this be due to certain functions, commands or programs in Windows Mail
being deactivated?

Thanks.

Chris

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

You mean 'downloaded' rather than 'uploaded'.
Did you look in all the Windows Mail folders including Junk E-mail?

"Chris" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:09F1463B-DCF3-41A0-9AC3-D08AF186FF06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, everything appeared fine when I clicked on the Receive/Send All button to
update my emails. However, the emails from my account were not uploaded to
Windows Mail after the process was successfully completed.

  • Re: Incoming mails lost in Windows Mail
    ... Antivirus software often screws up the account settings, ... other Windows Mail settings) are also saved before I go ahead. ... imports all your WM accounts, settings, folders and emails. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Incoming mails lost in Windows Mail
    ... I know it doesn't seem logical, but if you recreate the accounts as Steve mentioned, that sometimes "resets" something that is just a little "off" and makes a difference in the messages showing up or not - despite the count. ... Please also confirm that the rules and junkmail settings (aswell as all other Windows Mail settings) are also saved before I go ahead. ... imports all your WM accounts, settings, folders and emails. ... I received on another account at work and transfered it to my Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: The " from" field always sports the default email for all repl
    ... Would like to take advice on the free Antivirus that gets along with Windows ... delete that email account (because it has been corrupted by ... program which is more compatible with Windows Mail: ... Is it that the antivirus is working on the> emails ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: email problems
    ... messages and duplicated emails but that seems to have been resolved with the ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... I tried backing up myemails to a folder and deleting ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: message stuck in outbox & Yahoo.com mail site problems
    ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... Do you mean that Yahoo emails ... If so, you can change that default in Windows Mail: ... Accounts, select your Yahoo mail account, Properties, Advanced, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)