can't receive some emails

Hi,
I am not receiving emails sent to me by other people. I have been through
recent posts including the one below from 25/5/10 and tried all these things
but it's still not working. I can send emails, and I can send myself emails
from my windows mail email address and other emails but I am not getting all
emails sent to me by other people. I have changed my email settings on
McAfee. Any other ideas? I have Windows 7.
Thanks
Kate

When you click on Send/Receive do you see progress information near the
lower right corner (status bar)? When concluded does it say "No new messages"?
Although there are settings that will inhibit downloading, they would also
prevent
those status bar notifications.

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties. On the General tab
make sure that "Include this account..." is checked.
Also try sending an email to yourself. Does it arrive?

Finally, instead of clicking on Send/Receive, try clicking the unmarked
button
just to the right of it, then from the dropdown list select your account, so
it will
only check that one account. Does that make a difference?

"Chris" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi Gary,

Yes, it should be "downloaded".

Yes, I've searched through all the mail folders. The emails were not
downloaded into Windows Mail at all.

Could this be due to certain functions, commands or programs in Windows Mail
being deactivated?

Thanks.

Chris

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

You mean 'downloaded' rather than 'uploaded'.
Did you look in all the Windows Mail folders including Junk E-mail?

"Chris" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:09F1463B-DCF3-41A0-9AC3-D08AF186FF06@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, everything appeared fine when I clicked on the Receive/Send All button to
update my emails. However, the emails from my account were not uploaded to
Windows Mail after the process was successfully completed.

.