Re: Maintenance

The 'Clean Up Now' option is only for newsgroups and will do nothing, pro or con, for your e-mail.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"hj" <hj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:04C23D68-398F-4BE5-BF51-EC18B22C892C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If I do the clean up messages in the maintenance/ trouble shooting section
does all my emails get deleted? Or just old email and headers in the
archives? Not sure what the claen up actually does.

Thanks

  • Re: message stuck in outbox & Yahoo.com mail site problems
    ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... Do you mean that Yahoo emails ... If so, you can change that default in Windows Mail: ... Accounts, select your Yahoo mail account, Properties, Advanced, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: restore email messages lost
    ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... I did reset Windows Mail and it worked well. ... at least I recover some emails in Windows Live Mail. ... explorer for some folders thar I knew by name but nothing appears... ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Yet another way to obtain a virus. New virus disguised as PayPal e-mail
    ... You should update to the latest ZA Pro, because it now catches those emails ... "LuckyStrike" wrote in ... |> download the emails to your computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: cant send emails but can recieve them
    ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... emails worsened as I was trying to send others and they, too, were being ... The connection to the server has failed. ... Account: 'pophm.sympatico.ca', ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Different Send Problem with windows mail
    ... latter setting is saved on a 'per folder' basis, so you may have to open ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... All I can suggest is make sure your antivirus isn't configured to scan emails. ... Occasionally I do get a non-delivery notice but not for 95% which isn't ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)