Re: Windows Mail Cursor

CTRL-SHIFT-END will position the cursor at the bottom of the message. CTRL-SHIFT-HOME will position the cursor at the top of the message.

steve

"StijnDeWitt" <StijnDeWitt.4bl4kg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:StijnDeWitt.4bl4kg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

'Gary VanderMolen [MVP Wrote:
;1682236']No, it's not a Windows Mail bug. If it was, we'd be inundated
with trouble reports about it.

Actually, you *are* swamped with bug reports. Just perform a Google
search on '\"Windows Mail cursor\"'
(http://www.google.com/search?q=windows+mail+cursor) and have a look at
all those forum posts. I am not making this up!

'Gary VanderMolen [MVP Wrote:
;1682236']The few times that I've experienced erratic cursor behavior, I
was able to fix it by adjusting the properties in the mouse/touchpad
driver. If the touchpad is erratic, you can also switch to an external
mouse.

Nice tip, however this problem with the cursor has nothing to do with
the *mouse pointer* per se. It also happens when I use the arrow keys on
my keyboard to move the *cursor*. And it *only* happens in Windows Mail,
all other applications work just fine. How do you explain that with
drivers / mouse / touchpad properties?

I can reproduce the problem within seconds on my Vista PC. I just open
one of the many e-mails I received and press Reply. Then, in the reply,
I press arrow down on my keyboard and the cursor goes down. Then, when
it's at the bottom of the message, I press the Up key and expect it to
move back up. And it does, but not all the way. More often then not it
never makes it to the top, because it get's 'stuck' somewhere halfway
the message. I have to use the mouse and click somewhere else in the
message, because I am unable to use the arrow keys to move the cursor
further up. I have been using computers for long enough now to
understand how to use the arrow keys to move the cursor, it's not user
error.

I have a feeling it has something to do with HTML mails. My version of
Windows Mail is 6.0.6000.16386 (vista_rtm.061101-2205). If you want me
to forward you one of the mails so you can check for yourself or further
discuss how you MS people can reproduce this bug in Windows Mail I will
be glad to help, just let me know. But accept that possibly this problem
does exist in at least some builds of Windows Mail (I have only tried
the version on my own PC, we use Outlook at work).

btw: please make those version numbers copy-pasteable, typing them over
is laborious and error-prone...

--
StijnDeWitt

  • Re: Virus Symptoms ?
    ... The cursor moves by the mouse, ... Also, arrow keys move, yes. ... Backspace will erase. ... corrections made in the spell checker dialog box function okay. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: VB Editor and Moving Line Pointer
    ... When the code is paused a line, use the arrow keys of move the cursor ... location differs from one laptop to the next) and choose "Set Next ... the thing I am trying to do is drag the yellow cursor typically up ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Move cells via shortcut ?
    ... Thats what i called moving a cell. ... Start move command (hover cursor over border and click-hold) ... I move the selection rectangle ... almost always using the arrow keys, and in the same way it could ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.excel)
  • Re: Terminal editor
    ... did so with my wife's computer and probably should clean it up. ... output into a new mail message to the current user account. ... deletes the character to the immediate left of the cursor. ... use the arrow keys to move the cursor to the very end ...
    (comp.sys.mac.misc)