Re: Header download for G mai

I think we did it. Thanks!

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OKrzdjT$KHA.3840@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
That's an easy problem to fix. [Gmail] is a virtual folder. It should not be
synchronized. In the left folder pane of Windows Mail right-click on the
[Gmail] folder, then select Synchronization Settings, Don't Synchronize.

"Patty Dallaire" <pdallaire@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eZ4FKtS$KHA.4652@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Now we are back to problem #1 It says this when I pushed send/receive to get
the email to down load.

Header download for the '[Gmail]' folder did not complete. Could not select
'[Gmail]' on the IMAP server. You might try refreshing your folder list to
synchronize with the IMAP server. Account: 'Gmail', Server:
'imap.gmail.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'Unknown Mailbox: [Gmail]
(Failure)', Port: 993, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCCD2

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
This time you are getting a receive error, before that it was a send error.
Try this: Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties,
Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

"Patty Dallaire" <pdallaire@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I did in both places now I get this. Thanks for your patience.

Some of the messages in your Outbox Folder could not be copied to your
Sent
Items Folder. XOAUTH authentication failed. None of the authentication
methods supported by your IMAP server (if any) are supported on this
computer. Subject 'Re: card night', Account: 'Gmail', Server:
'imap.gmail.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: 'Your IMAP command
could
not be sent to the server, due to non-network errors. This could, for
example, indicate a lack of memory on your system.', Port: 993,
Secure(SSL):
Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCCDF

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Port 465 requires that the SSL option be enabled.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced,
then enable the SSL option (two places).

"Patty Dallaire" <pdallaire@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Now I get this message when I try to reply to an e mail.

Subject 'Re: swirl', Account: 'Gmail', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com',
Protocol:
SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

The message "Your SMTP server has not respnded in 60 seconds. Want to
wait
another 60 seconds?" also appears.

Any ideas I am setting up G mail and this is the 2nd attempt to reply.

"Patty Dallaire" <pdallaire@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:...
I am setting up new e mail and do get my messages but this alwasys comes
up. How do I fix this message?

Header download for the '[Gmail]' folder did not complete. Could not
select '[Gmail]' on the IMAP server. You might try refreshing your
folder
list to synchronize with the IMAP server. Account: 'imap.gmail.com',

--

Patty Dallaire
pattydallaire@xxxxxxxxx

--

Patty Dallaire
pattydallaire@xxxxxxxxx

--

Patty Dallaire
pattydallaire@xxxxxxxxx

--

Patty Dallaire
pattydallaire@xxxxxxxxx

--

Patty Dallaire
pattydallaire@xxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Header download for G mai
    ... In the left folder pane of Windows Mail right-click on the ... folder, then select Synchronization Settings, Don't Synchronize. ... synchronize with the IMAP server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: IMAP server alternatives
    ... Specifically they cannot store messages & subfolders within a folder. ... Am I correct in assuming that if I switch to a mdir format server, it will operate in the manner they are requesting? ... However they are asking that I attempt to increase the response time of the IMAP server, which can be somewhat slow for them - especially through SquirrelMail. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Header download for G mai
    ... I have a g mail set folder that is under my Windows mail folders and they are there. ... synchronize with the IMAP server. ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Squirrelmail, Postfix, POP, IMAP and Outlook97....oh my!
    ... I use squirrelmail as well and it never moves anything. ... I can set up Outlook97 to POP the mail and leave a copy on the server. ... Item 3 Folder Defaults ... Please select your IMAP server: ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Header download for G mai
    ... You might try refreshing your folder list to synchronize with the IMAP server. ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)