Re: Backing up Windows Mail Contacts in Vista

Simply copy the folder C:\Users\username\Contacts.
That works if you want to import it immediately into a new installation
of Windows Mail, or you want to completely replace the existing
destination contacts. If you use that method you can't merge into an
existing set of contacts.

If you need to merge, export/import using the CSV format. The drawback is
that CSV doesn't preserve group membership of the contacts.

"Drew" <drew@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e8f4%23nQ$KHA.1892@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
How do I back up my Contacts in Windows Mail? I would like to export them
to a folder which I can transfer to a disk as a part of my data backup. If
I use the export function, which format do I select?

Thanks

Drew

  • Re: Cant start up windows mail
    ... I was going to move the contacts folder so I mad a copy of it just in case ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... then fix it by clicking on the option indicated by the first green arrow. ... Windows Mail could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be intialized. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: windows mail could not be started- MSOE.DLL could not be initi
    ... How did that folder get to be named "Steve's Contacts"? ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... If I went to windows mail in one of the two other user accounts (they both ...
    ... Gary, I did a right-click on the "Steve's Contacts" folder, selected ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... If I went to windows mail in one of the two other user accounts (they both ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant start up windows mail
    ... Ther is no location tab in the properties ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... I was going to move the contacts folder so I mad a copy of it just in case ... Windows Mail could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be intialized. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: windows mail could not be started- MSOE.DLL could not be initi
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... If I went to windows mail in one of the two other user accounts (they both ... Go to Tools, Options, Advanced, Maintenance, Store Folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)