Re: Backing up Windows Mail Contacts in Vista

Simply copy the folder C:\Users\username\Contacts.
That works if you want to import it immediately into a new installation
of Windows Mail, or you want to completely replace the existing
destination contacts. If you use that method you can't merge into an
existing set of contacts.

If you need to merge, export/import using the CSV format. The drawback is
that CSV doesn't preserve group membership of the contacts.

"Drew" <drew@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e8f4%23nQ$KHA.1892@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
How do I back up my Contacts in Windows Mail? I would like to export them
to a folder which I can transfer to a disk as a part of my data backup. If
I use the export function, which format do I select?

Thanks

Drew
.