Re: can't log in

Thanks.
Wonder why she said it was working 5 days ago, yet she is still posting today.

" mac" <macknever@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OqCdhZG$KHA.3176@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
McAfee antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail.
But before we explore that angle, let me ask you some questions about
the mail account. Is the account a free one with the email address ending
in @yahoo.com, or is it one that is partnered through your ISP, and the
address part after the @ symbol represents your ISP (AT&T)?

Has this account worked previously in Windows Mail?

---------------------------------

Gary the OP was here 5 days ago with the post that I add below, as you will
see it is AT&T, and she said it was working after making changes.

Sure looks like McAfee to me too.
--
Regards Steve.

"debintexas" <debintexas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

this worked. Thanks!

"mac" wrote:

"debintexas" <debintexas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I haven't been able to send since yesterday. Here is my errror message
The connection to the server has failed. Subject ' ', Account:
'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP,
Port:
25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

now what?

Go to tools menu>accounts>select your att account>Properties>Advanced Tab
Make the following changes:

1. Change the SMTP port to 465 and check the option labeled Use an
encrypted
connection (SSL).

2. Change the POP3 port to 995 and check the option labeled Use an
encrypted
connection (SSL).

Then Apply>OK.

Remove any unsent mail from the Outbox and try to send another one.

Post any error message that you get.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • Re: cant log in
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Is the account a free one with the email address ending ... and she said it was working after making changes. ... The connection to the server has failed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: wireless connection not recogized
    ... That symptom means your mail account has been corrupted. ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... I have recently changed my connection to wireless on my laptop and I can ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows mail will not send..errors
    ... "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... Subject 'Fw: meow', Account: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: You are not currently connected to the Internet.
    ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Connection. ... You should leave that setting unselected, in which case Windows Mail ... If all that checks out, but you still have the problem, the account may be corrupted. ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Problem: No Network Connections under Guest Account
    ... The Guest Account on my other computer seems to ... Sounds like you might have more of an issue with your network than with the ... network connection settings. ...