Re: I cannot be connected, recieve nor send.

" mac" <macknever@xxxxxxxxxx> escreveu na mensagem news:B5502DCE-B296-4D27-881B-38D770C3A87C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Zhenzhen" <myperfection0514@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:115CB4E2-C78E-416C-80FF-ECF6DEF67E5C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It was fine until yesterday.
message:The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.gmail.com',
Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net.', Protocol: POP3, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes,
Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
Thank you!!!

You have the wrong server name.

How to set up your gmail account in Windows Mail:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • Re: cannot send mail from Windows mail
    ... When a username/password combination doesn't work in Windows Mail, ... I mean I dont use it but as outgoing address for my ISP account. ... youir username and password are correct for your mail server". ... Ask your home ISP if they support SMTP on a port other than 25. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Sending Error
    ... There is no server named smtp.dnvr.qwest.net. ... access your account from different locations by dialing into local phone ... after install it cannot pull address book so it wont send. ... Can someone tell me which pop email accounts work with windows mail so i ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Socket Error 10060 when trying to send messages
    ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select the Bellsouth account, Properties, ... Notice whether "My server requires authentication" is checked. ... I download my @bellsouth.com to Windows Mail and it is working correctly. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: I can send e-mails but cannot receive them!!!!
    ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. ... Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. ... the point wher eit tries to download the corrupted e-mail. ... Windows Mail deletes messages from the server after ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: error 0x8004005 cant receive or send
    ... Account: 'pop.west.cox.net', Server: ... mail to windows mail I do not know how windows live works or if I could get ... I removed my account from windows mail and then redid it and hmmm I ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)