Re: I receive errors every time I open windows mail

Those symptoms can be caused by interference from an antivirus
program. Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off,
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects. In a
worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be
uninstalled/reinstalled or replaced.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

As a possible temporary fix, delete that corrupted mail account,
restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account.

If still no improvement, consider upgrading to Windows Live Mail,
because it is less prone to suffering bad effects from overly intrusive
antivirus programs: http://download.live.com/wlmail

"Sissy622" <Sissy622@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:758CEDB1-7941-4A57-9294-74A93656FD25@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Please help me make them go away. Here are the messages.

Header download for the 'Deleted Items' folder did not complete. Account:
'imap.aol.com', Server: 'imap.aol.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: '',
Port: 143, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C0074

Header download for the 'Drafts' folder did not complete. Account:
'imap.aol.com', Server: 'imap.aol.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: '',
Port: 143, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C0074

Header download for the 'Junk E-mail' folder did not complete. Account:
'imap.aol.com', Server: 'imap.aol.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: '',
Port: 143, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C0074

Header download for the 'Sent Items' folder did not complete. Account:
'imap.aol.com', Server: 'imap.aol.com', Protocol: IMAP, Server Response: '',
Port: 143, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C0074

  • Re: Cant send e-mail from laptop - SOLVED
    ... I checked the Account settings on my desktop, ... I had done a complete system restore a month ago and, unnoticed by me, it defaulted back to port 25 for WM. ... Disabling Norton's email scanning is sometimes insufficient. ... That problem can be caused by interference from an antivirus program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Email error messages. New comp pleaseee helppp
    ... It should be port 587 instead of 998. ... A likely reason for the username/password failing is account corruption. ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ... The connection to the server has failed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send e-mail from laptop - SOLVED
    ... One account works, but another for the same domain name does not send. ... I am using port 25 for the one that works. ... Disabling Norton's email scanning is sometimes insufficient. ... That problem can be caused by interference from an antivirus program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send e-mail from laptop
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... did delete the Verizon account, and recreate it from scratch. ... Disabling Norton's email scanning is sometimes insufficient. ... That problem can be caused by interference from an antivirus program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Balance Due???
    ... And all this time I thought it was the name on the account, ... Server connection failure on port 110 is usually caused by interference ... Which antivirus are you running? ... The connection to the server has failed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)