Re: Can't receive emails

"Chris" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2784BC9B-EE6F-47A3-B9D3-CAAF1742B539@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Gary,

Yes, it should be "downloaded".

Yes, I've searched through all the mail folders. The emails were not
downloaded into Windows Mail at all.

Could this be due to certain functions, commands or programs in Windows Mail
being deactivated?

Thanks.

Do any of your WM folders, Inbox etc, show that you have unread messages in them, i.e.: the message count in the bottom left corner of the task bar?

What makes you think that you had mail to download, did you check at the web page of your provider to confirm that the message list there and the message list in WM are not the same?

Do you access the mail account from more than one PC/Laptop or other application (mobile phone etc) ?

Can you send and receive a test mail from/to yourself?

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • Re: Viewing other users mailboxes on Windows Mail
    ... Yes, it's doable, depending on how many accounts there are. ... Windows Mail encrypts mail server passwords with a hash that is ... & ISP provider to send & receive emails. ... to Windows Mail the new emails download into their user mailbox & ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Viewing other users mailboxes on Windows Mail
    ... But even doing so one will have duplicate mail stores locally. ... Windows Mail encrypts mail server passwords with a hash that is ... address & ISP provider to send & receive emails. ... connects to Windows Mail the new emails download into their user ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Viewing other users mailboxes on Windows Mail
    ... This is the first time I have gone to MS Communities for assistance & I was very impressed with the promptness & quality of the replies. ... I recently purchased a new PC with Windows Vista Home Premium + Windows Mail pre-installed. ... Both users use the same common email address & ISP provider to send & receive emails. ... When either user connects to Windows Mail the new emails download into their user mailbox & the other user cannot view them. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Viewing other users mailboxes on Windows Mail
    ... Can Windows Mail be set up to download into a public folder which either ... provider to send & receive emails. ... Mail the new emails download into their user mailbox & the other user ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Viewing other users mailboxes on Windows Mail
    ... Windows Mail pre-installed. ... & ISP provider to send & receive emails. ... to Windows Mail the new emails download into their user mailbox & ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)