Re: Can't Send or Receive Mail

"Chand S" <Chand.S.4bi9dc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:Chand.S.4bi9dc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

Since this morning, I am suddenly unable to send or receive e-mails in
Windows Vista. The only thing I can think of is that I added a virus
protection software ("Shaw Secure") provided by the ISP (Shaw), but
even that was more than a week ago. The error messages are:

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: Don't judge to
quickly!!!', Account: 'shawmail', Server: 'shawmail', Protocol: SMTP,
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number:
0x800CCC0E

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'shawmail', Server:
'shawmail', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

PLEASE HELP!!

See For the complete set up of your shawmail account:
http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/CustomerCare/InternetSupport/Residential/Email/UsingEmail/WindowsMailSetup.htm

At point 6 in the instructions use the correct server names, provided here:

http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/CustomerCare/InternetSupport/Residential/RoutersandShawServerNames.htm

Regarding the ("Shaw Secure"), it could have caused your problem?

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • Re: Cannot Send Messages...
    ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... seems this issue arises when the ISP is one account and another account is ... The box for "My server requires authentication" must be checked. ... It seems both my Shaw email and my Hounding Me email crashed and I was not ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot Send Messages...
    ... It seems both my Shaw email and my Hounding Me email crashed and I was not ... So now I'm back on and I have tried to reinstate my second account but it ... 'mail.stophoundingmedogtraining.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 ... where I can I find my home ISP provider info?? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot Send Messages...
    ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers. ... The box for "My server requires authentication" must be checked. ... It seems both my Shaw email and my Hounding Me email crashed and I was not ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: OT: Trying new newsgroup provider
    ... read more posts with Motzarella than in the past week with Shaw! ... I've been having the EXACT same problem for the last four days with Cox High ... Speed Internet's Western News Server, and then today, their eastern news ...
    (rec.birds)
  • "List Server" to Layman and Computer Expert
    ... So these are three email servers allowed by Shaw and other ISPs. ... Evolution and Outlook Express are _not_ email servers. ... Thus as list server I know it would make the list administration better if I ... They only talk to a email server or MTA. ...
    (Ubuntu)