Re: cant send nessages. errror messgae

That fits the reports in the Avast.com forum link below.

Your Avast! antivirus was probably installed with its default install option,
which installs an email scanning module. Just disabling its email scanning
is not a sufficient remedy. Uninstall Avast!, then reinstall, but select 'custom'
install, which then allows you to unselect installing its troublesome email
scanning module.

"kristi89" <kristi89@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A7164560-7874-46AA-AA76-A354996CF8FB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am using avast

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

That's a very unusual error message. Chances are, it is due to interference
from your antivirus. Let us know which antivirus you are running, and we can
suggest corrective action. For some background information on this issue
see http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=59696.0 .

"kristi89" <kristi89@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:BD050AD4-5315-4F9F-A18E-65E96D3D05F4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I recieve this error message when trying to send e-mails. I can recieve them
fine

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server:
'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '503 5.5.2 Only one
STARTTLS command can be issued per session', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes,
Server Error: 503, Error Number: 0x800CCC65

can someone please help me

  • Re: Cant send e-mail from laptop
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... did delete the Verizon account, and recreate it from scratch. ... Disabling Norton's email scanning is sometimes insufficient. ... That problem can be caused by interference from an antivirus program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • "Unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference from anantivirus
    ... Which antivirus are you running? ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... Do you get an error message when you try to send? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot receive e-mails
    ... account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate that mail account. ... Which antivirus are you running? ... If turning off the email scanning function does not resolve your problem, ... you installed AVG antivirus using its default install option. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot receive e-mails
    ... Turning off email scanning in AVG is not sufficient. ... you installed AVG antivirus using its default install option. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Mail Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
    ... you installed Avast antivirus using its default install option. ... Disabling its email scanning afterwards is not sufficient. ... Isn't my computer in danger if I uninstall this anti-virus program? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)