Re: cant send nessages. errror messgae

That fits the reports in the Avast.com forum link below.

Your Avast! antivirus was probably installed with its default install option,
which installs an email scanning module. Just disabling its email scanning
is not a sufficient remedy. Uninstall Avast!, then reinstall, but select 'custom'
install, which then allows you to unselect installing its troublesome email
scanning module.

"kristi89" <kristi89@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A7164560-7874-46AA-AA76-A354996CF8FB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am using avast

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

That's a very unusual error message. Chances are, it is due to interference
from your antivirus. Let us know which antivirus you are running, and we can
suggest corrective action. For some background information on this issue
see http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=59696.0 .

"kristi89" <kristi89@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:BD050AD4-5315-4F9F-A18E-65E96D3D05F4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I recieve this error message when trying to send e-mails. I can recieve them
fine

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server:
'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '503 5.5.2 Only one
STARTTLS command can be issued per session', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): Yes,
Server Error: 503, Error Number: 0x800CCC65

can someone please help me