Re: I cannot be connected, recieve nor send.

I haven't done anything yet, but somehow it works right now. Guess the system
was dead last night? Thanks anyway!

"mac" wrote:

"Zhenzhen" <myperfection0514@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
It was fine until yesterday.
message:The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.gmail.com',
Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net.', Protocol: POP3, Port: 587, Secure(SSL):
Yes,
Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
Thank you!!!

You have the wrong server name.

How to set up your gmail account in Windows Mail:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86383

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

  • Re: Setting up my "Windows.vista.mail"
    ... the correct mail server names from your mail provider's website. ... Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail) ... Secure: No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D ... and actually says that Windows mail is my default. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Set up on Mail not working
    ... I have updated the settings as you suggested. ... I did receive messages in my Gmail account however. ... However, to access Gmail, you need to enable POP on the server, and follow these directions... ... Windows Mail I immediately get the following error messages: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Set up on Mail not working
    ... I have updated the settings as you suggested. ... I did receive messages in my Gmail account however. ... However, to access Gmail, you need to enable POP on the server, and follow these directions... ... Windows Mail I immediately get the following error messages: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant receive in new Mail program
    ... and then reentered all the info for the Gmail account in Windows Mail. ... The connection to the server has failed. ... "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: gmail account error message
    ... Don't post about Windows Live Mail issues in this newsgroup & don't post about Windows Mail issues in WLMail newsgroup...even though most of us hang out in both. ... t-4-2 wrote: ... Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Server ... My gmail account in my WLM is working fine. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)