Re: Lost all folder

Search for *.eml and see if you can find the files somewhere. The messages are stored under directories that match the name of the folder in WinMail. See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx for background. You can also try my Windows Mail Utility to repair the WinMail database to see if that has any impact. And Norton is notorious for messing with OE and WinMail (see point 3 here: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3), so its better if you can replace it with something less invasive.

steve

"Gene" <Gene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:B66D6982-49C3-484B-9249-B49566BD679A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I was working in Windows Mail deleting what was in my trash folder and the
software stopped responding. This has happened before when creating emails
and I usually just stop working and the system would catch up and start to
respond. This time when it came back to life, so to speak, all of my folders
disappeared. After reading some of treads, I checked on the "View Folders"
(View-Layout-Folders) tab and that was not it. Right now the only options are
Local Folders that include Inbox, Outbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Drafts &
Junk Emails. Under this I used to have a second Inbox that included all of my
folder that I imported for another PC over two years ago and had added to
since then. I'm running Vista Home Premium on a Sony Vio. I also use Norton
Internet Security and have since I purchased the PC. Please HELP!!!! Thank
you.

  • Re: I cant seem to recieve emails
    ... Disable Background Compacting and frequently perform a manual compact of all OE folders while "working offline". ... Do not attempt to close OE via Task Manager or shutdown your machine if Automatic Compacting is taking place. ... Have cleared out inbox and deleted items just incase I had to many. ... closed down and rebooted but same thing, same 3 emails appear. ...
  • Re: Which anti virus should I use?
    ... Check all the other folders, Deleted Items, Junk E-mail, Outbox, etc. ... go online to your webmail to see if copies of the sent emails ... compatable with Windows Mail, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: backup job fails - mostly spam emails in deleted items - corrupted files?
    ... Gary Massengale wrote: ... > The emails in question all appear to be in users deleted items ... > and other folders, so the backup is working, just not backing up ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)
  • Re: backup job fails - mostly spam emails in deleted items - corrupted files?
    ... Gary Massengale wrote: ... > The emails in question all appear to be in users deleted items ... > and other folders, so the backup is working, just not backing up ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.general)
  • Re: backup job fails - mostly spam emails in deleted items - corrupted files?
    ... Gary Massengale wrote: ... > The emails in question all appear to be in users deleted items ... > and other folders, so the backup is working, just not backing up ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.misc)