Lost all folder

I was working in Windows Mail deleting what was in my trash folder and the
software stopped responding. This has happened before when creating emails
and I usually just stop working and the system would catch up and start to
respond. This time when it came back to life, so to speak, all of my folders
disappeared. After reading some of treads, I checked on the "View Folders"
(View-Layout-Folders) tab and that was not it. Right now the only options are
Local Folders that include Inbox, Outbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Drafts &
Junk Emails. Under this I used to have a second Inbox that included all of my
folder that I imported for another PC over two years ago and had added to
since then. I'm running Vista Home Premium on a Sony Vio. I also use Norton
Internet Security and have since I purchased the PC. Please HELP!!!! Thank
you.

  • Re: I cant seem to recieve emails
    ... Disable Background Compacting and frequently perform a manual compact of all OE folders while "working offline". ... Do not attempt to close OE via Task Manager or shutdown your machine if Automatic Compacting is taking place. ... Have cleared out inbox and deleted items just incase I had to many. ... closed down and rebooted but same thing, same 3 emails appear. ...
  • Re: Lost all folder
    ... This has happened before when creating emails ... I checked on the "View Folders" ... Local Folders that include Inbox, Outbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Drafts & ... Under this I used to have a second Inbox that included all of my ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Incoming mails lost in Windows Mail
    ... I found out now how to search the entire folders, in going to Edit - Search ... Please also confirm that the rules and junkmail settings (aswell as all other Windows Mail settings) are also saved before I go ahead. ... imports all your WM accounts, settings, folders and emails. ... I received on another account at work and transfered it to my Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Incoming mails lost in Windows Mail
    ... I found out now how to search the entire folders, ... other Windows Mail settings) are also saved before I go ahead. ... imports all your WM accounts, settings, folders and emails. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Incoming mails lost in Windows Mail
    ... I found out now how to search the entire folders, in going to Edit - Search ... If it turns out that Windows Live Mail doesn't meet your expectations, ... imports all your WM accounts, settings, folders and emails. ... So should I now try removing the mail account, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)