Windows Mail asking for user id & password

Hi, I've been using Windows Mail since I got Vista, with no problems. A few
days ago it started asking me for my user id & password, but every time I
enter them it comes up with an error message:
Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol:
POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] invalid user/password', Port: 995,
Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92""

I have a free yahoo email account, which I can still access via internet
explorer.
I have tried deleting my account and adding it again after a re-start, have
made sure that the "my server requires authentication" isn't ticked, and I
also turned of my anti-virus scanning for emails (Norton) all to no avail.
My server port no's are 587 & 995.
I then changed them to 465 & 995, and now get the error message:
""Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
inactivity. Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com',
Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error
Number: 0x800CCC0F"

What now please??

My server port no's are 587 & 995

  • Re: Re-Post - "the trust relationship between this workstation and the
    ... "the trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain ... only problem is adding a new user account on the station. ... Client computer must use STRICTLY the INTERNAL DNS server which can ... Attr: subschemaSubentry ...
  • Re: Same question, still no answer!!!
    ... Sounds then like we are all paying for a feature set only large companies ... The "proxy server" pc is actually an older box stuffed ... Expectation #1) keep the ethernet more or less as is. ... The kids account would be ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Re-Post - "the trust relationship between this workstation and the
    ... "the trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain ... only problem is adding a new user account on the station. ... This would be on the DNS server 172.20.100.2 ... Attr: subschemaSubentry ...
  • Sending email to mydomain.com
    ... server will appear as undeliverable. ... This happens because you are using the POP3 connector... ... an NDR when an account doesn't exist). ... >different from the user account names for the exchange ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Basic Authentication + IIS 5 + Windows 2000 + Frontpage 2002 = failure?
    ... Everytime I attempt to login under Basic Authentication, ... IUSR_blah account. ... the anonymous user impersonated by the IIS Server is the ... > Event Viewer Security log. ...