Re: email send recieve button is disabled

Problems with YouTube are not directly related to Windows Mail,
although there could be a common cause.

Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
Windows Mail over time.

"soahcalm" <soahcalm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:3738DC8F-919F-4441-B0ED-4C75CF968235@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have made no changes, this is the second time this year this has occurred,
after updating with windows automatic update, my email will stop working,
(same problem) then after a month or two when another update occurs it will
fix itself. currently this last update has made my computer slow,my typing is
slow and I cannot get half the things to work on youtube. I know its not my
computer because if i use fire fox then everything but the email works. soo
it seems that internet explorer has clogged up and stopped woking properly
after the last update. someone help? I have windows vista.

  • Re: Cannot send email but can receive.
    ... Norton security products are among the top three troublemakers for ... Instead of uninstalling your antivirus, another option is to upgrade to ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... problems with Windows Mail over time. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot send email but can receive.
    ... Norton security products are among the top three troublemakers for ... Instead of uninstalling your antivirus, another option is to upgrade to ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... problems with Windows Mail over time. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cannot recieve emails
    ... There is no way to recover the lost password from Windows Mail. ... it proves you have the correct username and password. ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant use Windows Mail - whats going on?
    ... email scanning in the antivirus ... Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, ... restart Windows Mail, then recreate the account. ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Able to send but not receive Emails
    ... Client-side security programs can interfere with Windows Mail. ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... Antivirus, Firewall, Anti-Spyware, Anti-Fraud, Phone, etc. ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)