Re: can't send email

Your outgoing server name should be smtp.att.yahoo.com, but that's
not the only thing you have wrong. The server port number and SSL
option are also wrong. The complete settings you need are here:
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738

If you need help making those changes, let us know.

"sharon" <sharon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:F92DCF17-8492-42C9-BEB7-F30D081B1898@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have just set up my email with microsoft mail and I get the following erro
message but I don't know where to find the outgoing server info.
-- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Thank you-', Account:
'pop.att.yahoo.com', Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
Sharon i

  • Re: Cant send Messages
    ... In addition to what Bruce suggested, change the outgoing server name to ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Comcast
    ... It usually helps to use the settings specified by the provider. ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... very same issues, not sending, receiving errors. ... the outgoing server to smtp.comcast.net.. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: sendmail & Verizon
    ... change the outgoing server name to smtp.verizon.net ... require SSL for communication. ... but my old sysVinit script for starting an stunnel service wouldn't be ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Mail downloading problem in Outlook Express6 (Using Gmail)
    ... Outgoing server should be 465, ... MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002 ... problems.When it tries to download the mail it clearly shows that,it ... Incoming server-pop.googlemail.com ssl 995, outgoing server- ...
  • Re: SSL and email
    ... So unless they are using an outgoing server using SSL is it largely ... The way to protect the content is for him to encrypt it so that only you ... and a good way to do that is with public key encryption. ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)