Re: Can receive email; can't send

The error "unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference
from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with
Windows Mail over time. As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus
should be turned off, although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all
bad effects. In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be
uninstalled/reinstalled or replaced.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

If still no improvement, consider upgrading to Windows Live Mail,
because it is less prone to suffering bad effects from overly intrusive
antivirus programs: http://download.live.com/wlmail

"Robert from SR" <Robert from SR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:FC9DF040-A847-4993-B754-C7A41F01B17A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've been using Windows Mail for a couple of years including today. However,
since mid-afternoon, I have been unable to send email, only receiving.

I get this message
" Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
inactivity. Subject 'Thanks', Account: 'mail.persona.ca', Server:
'mail.persona.ca', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number:
0x800CCC0F"

Can someone please help me?

  • Re: Cannot Send Emails
    ... Norton Antivirus 2008 is among the top three troublemakers ... any problem from Windows Mail when I am at home or at my old office. ... Make sure you have send authentication enabled. ... The box for "My server requires authentication" must be checked. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cannot receive or send Windows Mail
    ... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ... I set Windows Mail as my default and entered the POP3 and SMTP ... Antivirus, restarted my computer. ... email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant open email
    ... only thing that needed to be changed/updated was the "Server Port ... > username and password to try to get into my Outlook Express email. ... >> mail account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate that account. ... >> As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Some emails from windows mail are not received by the end rece
    ... The antivirus app has to developed specifically for the OS, ... the Norton antivirus program, it doesn't, you'll have to uninstall the Norton ... You may even have to remove your email account under Windows Mail, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant forward/send emails and log on keeps popping up
    ... program which is more compatible with Windows Mail: ... Instead of switching to a different antivirus, ... Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. ... Subject 'Fw: Anan Photos Etc', Account: 'Yahoo', Server: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)