Cant send or recive email

Hi
I need help too! My problem is similiar to Justin. I can not send or receive mail. It worked only one time and then has not worked again since. This is the message I get:
Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18
PLEASE HELP me resolve this issue. I thought if i added the IP address of live.com to my firewall that might help, but I do not know how to find the ID address for getting and recieving my mail. Can you help with that too?
THANKS!
~S and L
"Justin Pope" <Justin Pope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9BB64E7A-9D46-4495-8FDB-ABD469DB60D2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

BV-insurance.com is not your ISP. Most ISPs will block
your use of any port 25 SMTP server other than their own.
For an explanation of this anti-spamming policy, see
http://www.postcastserver.com/help/Port_25_Blocking.aspx

Are you sending from home or on the road?
To send from home, you will have to substitute your home ISP's
SMTP server. If you need help with that, let us know who your
home ISP is.

"dan" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:67962335-3A6A-490D-BB6E-427E9F384EDC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: Ins Cert', > Account:
> 'pop3.bv-insurance.com', Server: 'smtp.bv-insurance.com', Protocol: > SMTP,
> Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: > 0x800CCC0E

.
i need help with mine to. i can send email but i cand recieve it...this is what it says
Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'pop.gmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
Response: '-ERR not supported 15pf1500635ywh.36', Port: 995, Secure(SSL):
Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

  • RE: Some technical errors
    ... If the SMTP server is not running on port 25 TCP it is not a public ... Manager - Computer Assurance Services BDO Chartered Accountants & ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: SMTP and tcp ports
    ... This ACL would permit access to the internal SMTP server (listening on TCP port 25) from external clients and servers. ... The mail clients would be using a TCP source port>1023, and external mail servers would be using TCP source port 25, or TCP source port>1023. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Unable to send/receive mail
    ... change port 995 to port 110. ... The connection to the server has failed. ... You can substitute the SMTP server belonging to your ISP. ... The following error message seems ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: SMTP cannot open Port 25
    ... but port 25 is closed. ... Make sure that localhost can relay on the webserver's SMTP server, ... than that, do not add anything (so if someone accidently opens the port, it ...
  • Re: Some technical errors
    ... If the SMTP server is not running on port 25 TCP it is not a public ... Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards ...
    (Security-Basics)