Re: Availability of Windows Mail

Vista is the only operating system that uses Windows Mail. Is it going to be terminated? No. It already was. All development of Windows Mail ceased in June, 2006, (Yes, while Vista was still beta), and all focus since then has been on Windows Live Mail.

Windows Live Mail (Overview, Features & Download)
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

Windows Mail will continue to get any security updates if needed as long as Vista is supported, but there will never be any changes to it. Even then it will continue to work, in Vista.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Gene L." <Camelotscc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:A8EA065E-C7C1-4DE8-8010-854E4FD5B804@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Windows Mail on my Vista OS works just fine. I like it. It is simple and easy to use by a single non-business user. Is this application going to be terminated? If so how far into the future will it be available? What then?
Thank you for your interest.
Gene L.

  • RE: Vista Experience
    ... The last resort of the inept and confused is to blame the Operating System. ... If you like pretty, Vista ... Windows Mail is truly awful. ...
  • Re: How to recover my e-mails from old hard disk
    ... This should be answered by someone who uses Vista. ... ** Only regarding the importing into Windows Mail, ... of the old e-mails," and the old e-mails are on an XP installation. ... Marcelo, you need to search for files with the .dbx extension on your old ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: creating a hyperlink
    ... Vista 64 bit, the program wasn't compatable with it. ... Copy a hyperlink from IE address bar. ... Save message to Drafts ... know is to get rid of Vista and Windows Mail ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Newsgroup not starting at top, and how to import old emails from OE
    ... The mail program that comes with Vista is called Windows Mail, ... I can probably connect it to my network, copy the email files over into the proper identity folder, and then extract the emails I need. ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: OT:Windows Mail Problem
    ... In the process of separating my real life from my work life, I bought a Sony Vaio with Vista as the OS. ... The default Mail and News Reader is an Outlook Express replacement called Windows Mail. ... I traded emails with the ISP tech support for several iterations. ...
    (rec.equestrian)