Re: how do i fix this? can't send emails!

AOL doesn't use port 25. .Please use the settings AOL specifies:

http://postmaster.aol.com/imap/express.html

Those instructions were written for Outlook Express, but
Windows Mail uses the same settings as Outlook Express.
Specifically, see steps 5 and 8 under "To configure..."

"h8terproof" <h8terproof@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:345BE359-BC3A-4438-933A-4D240DFB8767@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
what does this means:
An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Christensen & Kockrow: Foundations
and Adult Health Nursing, 5th Edition', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server:
'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 Cannot connect to SMTP
server 205.188.186.137 (205.188.186.137:25), connect error 10060', Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67

  • Re: USERNAME & Password required
    ... i have been trying to use my outlook and They keep asking for a username and password. ... preferred Windows Mail since I was familliar with Outlook Express ... Repeatedly asks for username and password - which I correctly type. ... Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Cant send email!
    ... .Please use the settings AOL specifies: ... Windows Mail uses the same settings as Outlook Express. ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Problem with Send using Outlook Express 6
    ... I found that even though an attachment they open up in Windows Mail. ... Select Outlook Express and then check the box: Always use this program to open this kind of file. ... MS-MVP Outlook Express ... Show Hidden Files and Folders under Start | Control Panel | ...
  • Re: Problem with Send using Outlook Express 6
    ... No it is not Windows Mail. ... MS-MVP Outlook Express ... and Sent Items folders after you move any messages you wish to ...
  • Re: 0x800CCCF error message
    ... Initially when I first installed Outlook 2007 it automatically picked up the ... account info from Windows Mail (which has always worked - and was set up ... imported account did not have the correct "More Settings" enabled; ... 'My outgoing server requires authentication' was not selected. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)