Re: Can't send email!

AOL doesn't use port 25. .Please use the settings AOL specifies:

http://postmaster.aol.com/imap/express.html

Those instructions were written for Outlook Express, but
Windows Mail uses the same settings as Outlook Express.

"Sissy622" <Sissy622@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:BB61FF53-56FA-4E15-9DAF-D9D0736B0DCC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I can't send emails. I tried some things from the other posts, but still not
working. This is the error that I'm getting.

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Hi', Account:
'pop.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
No, Socket Error: 10051, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

  • Re: how do i fix this? cant send emails!
    ... .Please use the settings AOL specifies: ... Windows Mail uses the same settings as Outlook Express. ... Secure: No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Mail Spellcheck
    ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ... Windows Mail is a free basic mail program. ... Outlook is an expensive program that does a lot more than just mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: e-mail setup on windows vista
    ... Simply follow AOL's instructions: ... Windows Mail uses the same settings as Outlook Express. ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Mail
    ... AOL has the answer: ... Windows Mail uses the same settings as Outlook Express. ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: How do/can I open Archive and other .PSTs with Windows Mail?
    ... In Windows Mail: File, Import, Messages, Microsoft Outlook. ... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)