Re: edb messages

There is no installation of WMUTil. It is a stand alone program. WMUtil does not create edb files on the desktop. If those appeared after using it, then some 3rd party program generated them. I suspect with your other WinMail problems, you have some other software that is messing up Winmail. See point 3 here: www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

steve

<robertmiles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:eaewFcF%23KHA.5916@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"edfrank" <edfrank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I am running Windows Mail version 6.06000.16386 on a laptop with Microsoft®
Windows VistaT Home Premium, Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002.
Every time I start Windows mail a series of files are generated on my
desktop:

edb.chk
edb.log
edbres00001.jrs
edbres00002.jrs
edbtmp.log
tmp.edb

How do I make them stop appearing?

One idea: I didn't see such a set of files on my desktop until I installed
and ran the
WMUtil.exe program. You might check whether you even have that program
installed, and if so, whether you ran it shortly before those files
appeared.

Robert Miles

.