Re: Can't send e-mail

You're very welcome. Thanks for reporting back.

"MarcC" <MarcC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:7F82B9A7-D6D1-440E-89E0-84253551FB16@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I changed everything back to defaults and then the 587 (which I was sure I
tried before) and now it's working

thanks

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

First try this:
Make sure you have send authentication enabled.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.
Then click on the Advanced tab and change port 25 to 587.
Try sending.

If no improvement, change the server name to mail.bellsouth.net.

If still no improvement, your account may have been migrated to the
AT&T/Yahoo mail platform. Try the settings given here:
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738

"MarcC" <MarcC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:C30E5A4B-87C6-41CA-AA80-5FFD0AD8D967@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have been using Windows mail and no problems until yesterday. Now I can
download incoming mail but my new messages will not go out. I get the message

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'TEST 10', Account:
'mail.atl.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.atl.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP,
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I can log into Internet Explorer and send messages but not from Windows Mail

Thank you

  • Re: I cannot open or save any attachment using Windows Mail
    ... Your mail account is the type known as a partnered account, ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Tools, Safety Options, Security, uncheck "Block images..." ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: I cannot open or save any attachment using Windows Mail
    ... Is that Yahoo account the only account you have set up in Windows Mail? ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: I cannot open or save any attachment using Windows Mail
    ... Is it a free account, a paid account, or an account partnered with your ISP? ... Tools, Safety Options, Security, uncheck "Block images..." ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant use Windows Mail - whats going on?
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... I then opened my Windows Mail as usual and tons and tons of e-mails came ... Are you able to try a different yahoo.co.uk account to see if it gives the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Sometimes cant send emails from motels
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers. ... Enable the "My server requires authentication" option. ... change port 25 to port 587. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)