Re: Cannot receive emails - no error message

When you send a message to yourself does it arrive in your Inbox?

We can't very well advise you on alternate servers since you did not
identify the servers you are using now. Who is your ISP?

"becomingantivista" <becomingantivista.4bah8c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:becomingantivista.4bah8c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello, I have encounted an extremely similar problem with Windows Mail.
I can send emails, but no new messages are received without any form of
an error message. I am running ioutgoing ports 587, and incoming 995
(the defaults for my ISP). I have contacted my ISP and they claim there
are no errors within their servers. What do I need to do to fix this
problem? I am running McAfee antivirus under a custom install without
scanning emails, and have re-installed 2 times. Is there a certain list
of alternate POP3 servers I could access? How else could I approach this
issue? Thanks!

--
becomingantivista

  • Re: Internal & extl domain on one exch server?
    ... Please see the reply post by Massud to an original post from macfarlt. ... your ISP registered you domain. ... However, if your ISP is going out of business, then they can no longer act ... is how you deal with changing name servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: bunty the expert
    ... A standard consumer or small business Internet package from as ISP ... > email servers owned and operated by your ISP. ... > v. Usenet access, you are given access to Usenet. ... No mention of how easy it is to forge Usenet posts. ...
    (uk.local.southwest)
  • Re: 127.0.0.1 and current follow-on; clearly spyware of some type?
    ... Probably something you set up under the old ISP is ... > firewall choosing not to save and re-import the existing rules. ... > looking for unauthorized servers. ... > Most firewall software will report these scans as an attack, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: [kde-linux] Kmail Problems. Was: Installing KDE4 on Sid
    ... I was wondering whether the headers could say whether one or more ... SuSE updates? ... these are all coming from the ISP's servers. ... I was tempted to become an ISP and run my own servers. ...
    (KDE)