Re: Can't send e-mail

I changed everything back to defaults and then the 587 (which I was sure I
tried before) and now it's working

thanks

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

First try this:
Make sure you have send authentication enabled.
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers.
Enable the "My server requires authentication" option.
Then click on the Advanced tab and change port 25 to 587.
Try sending.

If no improvement, change the server name to mail.bellsouth.net.

If still no improvement, your account may have been migrated to the
AT&T/Yahoo mail platform. Try the settings given here:
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738

"MarcC" <MarcC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:C30E5A4B-87C6-41CA-AA80-5FFD0AD8D967@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have been using Windows mail and no problems until yesterday. Now I can
download incoming mail but my new messages will not go out. I get the message

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'TEST 10', Account:
'mail.atl.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.atl.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP,
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I can log into Internet Explorer and send messages but not from Windows Mail

Thank you

  • Re: Cant send/receive!!
    ... It appears that your settings for Gmail are correct now. ... Hotmail account, you can use it to send a message to your Gmail ... is pop.gmail.com and the outgoing mail server which is smtp.gmail.com It ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Can receive email, but cant send email
    ... Start Microsoft Outlook 2007. ... menu, select Account Settings, and then click New. ... Account dialog box, select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP, then ... additional server types, and then click Next. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: Outlook Express Server Reject
    ... One user's account is unable to send. ... The message is: the server rejected the ... Try setting up an alternate mail client with identical settings, ... You mention both HostGator and Port 25; ...
  • Re: Cant send/receive!!
    ... You're using incorrect port and SSL settings for Gmail. ... Gmail account. ... the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. ... I could just get a Yahoo email address, start up Mail, set up my contact ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Sometimes cant send emails from motels
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers. ... Enable the "My server requires authentication" option. ... change port 25 to port 587. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)