Re: can't use Windows Mail - whats going on?

done all that, still asking me to sign in and not accepting my user name and
password which I know is correct - there seems to be quite a lot of people
experiencing the exact same thing of using it for months and now it not
working - I may just ditch windows mail and find another way of getting my
e-mail because this is just STUPID and I just dont have time to play games!!!!

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

If no improvement, make sure your settings agree with this:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/uk/yahoo/mail/classic/manage/pop-08.html

"Julia" <Julia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9DAAF91A-C39E-4EC8-B8F4-9DF285C44444@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a yahoo.co.uk e-mail address and have used Windows Mail in conjunction
with that e-mail address for a long time now. Two days ago it suddenly
decided that it required me to sign in to be able to retrieve/send my mail.
I have entered my username and the correct password in a whole heap of
different ways but it just keeps rejecting anything I type in even though I
know that they are correct. I have even checked all the settings against my
husband's computer and they are the same other than the username and yet he
can still use his Windows Mail account but I can't - it is so infuriating
considering that I run a business from home and I need access!!!

This is the message I keep getting after it rejects my sign in information
(I have removed my actual name for privacy reasons) - any ideas on what is
going wrong????

Account: 'my name', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server
Response: '-ERR popgate argument(s) missing.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91