Re: can't use Windows Mail - whats going on?

done all that, still asking me to sign in and not accepting my user name and
password which I know is correct - there seems to be quite a lot of people
experiencing the exact same thing of using it for months and now it not
working - I may just ditch windows mail and find another way of getting my
e-mail because this is just STUPID and I just dont have time to play games!!!!

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

If no improvement, make sure your settings agree with this:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/uk/yahoo/mail/classic/manage/pop-08.html

"Julia" <Julia@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9DAAF91A-C39E-4EC8-B8F4-9DF285C44444@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a yahoo.co.uk e-mail address and have used Windows Mail in conjunction
with that e-mail address for a long time now. Two days ago it suddenly
decided that it required me to sign in to be able to retrieve/send my mail.
I have entered my username and the correct password in a whole heap of
different ways but it just keeps rejecting anything I type in even though I
know that they are correct. I have even checked all the settings against my
husband's computer and they are the same other than the username and yet he
can still use his Windows Mail account but I can't - it is so infuriating
considering that I run a business from home and I need access!!!

This is the message I keep getting after it rejects my sign in information
(I have removed my actual name for privacy reasons) - any ideas on what is
going wrong????

Account: 'my name', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Server
Response: '-ERR popgate argument(s) missing.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91

  • Re: USERNAME & Password required
    ... i have been trying to use my outlook and They keep asking for a username and password. ... preferred Windows Mail since I was familliar with Outlook Express ... Repeatedly asks for username and password - which I correctly type. ... Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant open email
    ... only thing that needed to be changed/updated was the "Server Port ... > username and password to try to get into my Outlook Express email. ... >> mail account, restart Windows Mail, then recreate that account. ... >> As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: can send e-mail but cannot receive
    ... Some email servers require that you enter your username with no spaces ... Windows Mail has a quirk that often makes it forget the password ... then your email account, then Properties, then Servers. ... from an antivirus program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: I cannot send email
    ... When you get that repeated prompt for username and password, click Cancel, ... which should then produce an error message. ... A likely reason for the username/password failing in Windows Mail is ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Windows Mail will not accept my username and password
    ... which should then produce an error message. ... it proves you have the correct username and password. ... A likely reason for the username/password failing in Windows Mail is ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)