Re: windows mail sos

That server may no longer support port 110. Try the newer settings:
http://help.yahoo.com/l/au/yahoo7/mail/classic/pop/pop-14.html

"stentz7" <stentz7.4b8x9c@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:stentz7.4b8x9c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have been trying vigorously for the past couple of days to try and set
up my windows mail with my yahoo account. I have been through yahoos
help pages and have done every they have said and then rechecked
everything a million times. every time I hit send/receive it asks for my
user name (i have tried using both the user name and the full email
address) and password after doing this it then asks again and again and
upon cancelling out of the loop an error message appears that says :

Account: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com.au', Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com.au',
Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] invalid user/password',
Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number:
0x800CCC92

Any help would be very Much Appreciated
Cheers,
Aaron

--
stentz7
stentz7's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/222296.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: cant send or receive emails-
    ... Use the settings in the link slk759 gave you. ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: I cannot open or save any attachment using Windows Mail
    ... Your mail account is the type known as a partnered account, ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Tools, Safety Options, Security, uncheck "Block images..." ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: I cannot open or save any attachment using Windows Mail
    ... It seems to be working fine opening and saving attachments. ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... Is it a free account, a paid account, or an account partnered with your ISP? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: cant use Windows Mail - whats going on?
    ... Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... I then opened my Windows Mail as usual and tons and tons of e-mails came ... Are you able to try a different yahoo.co.uk account to see if it gives the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: I cannot open or save any attachment using Windows Mail
    ... Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com ... I've run out of ideas on how to fix your Windows Mail. ... Simply install Windows Live Mail and it will ask if you ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)