Can't send e-mail

I have been using Windows mail and no problems until yesterday. Now I can
download incoming mail but my new messages will not go out. I get the message

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'TEST 10', Account:
'mail.atl.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.atl.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP,
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I can log into Internet Explorer and send messages but not from Windows Mail

Thank you

  • Re: Two e-mail programs simultaneously
    ... Windows mail. ... Runs on mobile internet, Internet Explorer 8, Windows XP, ... I don't know of any ISP that will allow multiple simultaneous connections to an e-mail account, which is basically what you're trying to do if I understand correctly. ... One of the two machines could be delegated with the job of removing mail from the server IF you want to do that. ...
  • Re: error 0x8004005 cant receive or send
    ... Account: 'pop.west.cox.net', Server: ... mail to windows mail I do not know how windows live works or if I could get ... I removed my account from windows mail and then redid it and hmmm I ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: New user - repeated password requests in WM
    ... mail account in your Windows Mail program, ... right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. ... your antivirus may need to be uninstalled. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: The " from" field always sports the default email for all repl
    ... McAfee antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows Mail. ... Next, delete that email account, ... I did enable the accounts column for my "inbox" folder and not all emails ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: Duplicate emails
    ... Looks like Lynn & I have the same problem.I have a bunch of duplicate e-mails ... interface, instead of directly accessing these newsgroups with Windows Mail, ... I described was the same as that presented by having a duplicate account! ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)